Project management: an introduction
Capability stream: Capacity to deliver
Prices include GST and are subject to change
This course covers content in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). It uses the project lifecycle as a framework and focuses on the use of practical project management tools and techniques. This workshop is for anyone who needs to manage large or small projects, team members who need to ensure that the goals of the project are achieved, those who are new to project management and those who have managed projects in the past and want to ensure that their approach and methodology are sound.
The program provides a background in essential project management functions and covers key activities across the project lifecycle. The course emphasises the importance of scoping and planning, risk management and problem solving to ensure project outcomes are achieved within time and budget requirements. The program is highly interactive and allows participants to apply the skills to current projects.
By the end of this course attendees should be able to:
- understand the role of a project manager
- establish and work through the phases of a project
- develop an effective project scope
- use project management and planning tools, including Gantt charts and critical path analysis to plan and prioritise work
- identify the risks in a project and develop strategies to minimise risk
- use effective communication strategies with all project stakeholders throughout the project
- close and evaluate a project.
Benefits to your organisation
- access to project management skills
- engagement in easier and more effective planning, including prioritising and reporting on project progress
- improved project outcomes
Benefits to you
- project management terminology, tools and techniques learnt
- more effective manager of work based projects