The IPAA NSW Council, the governing and policy-making body of IPAA NSW, is responsible for the management and governance of IPAA NSW. Council meets at least four times a year to discuss the issues that are significant in the operation of the Institute.
The duties of the Council include:
- determining policy to advance the objectives of IPAA NSW and the best interests of the members
- determining and overseeing policy designed to achieve compliance with relevant legal and financial requirements
- determining criteria, benefits and membership fees for membership categories
- making recommendations to the National Council in relation to the award of Fellow and the conferring of life membership
- presenting a report at each Annual General Meeting on the financial position and performance of IPAA NSW and on activities throughout the relevant year.
IPAA NSW is currently governed by an elected Council of members and the Chief Executive Officer (ex officio). The Council comprises:
- four (4) elected office bearers – the President, and three Vice-Presidents
- elected ordinary members, the number determined from time to time by Council
- young members, the number determined from time to time by Council
- one (1) ex officio member, the Chief Executive Officer
- one or more co-opted members, the number determined from time to time by Council.
As a member of IPAA NSW, you can nominate to join our Council. It’s a great way to get involved, expand your networks and give back to the sector.
Elections are held in the lead up to our AGM in November of each year. If you want to get on board, make sure you’re a member.
As a non-profit, member-based organisation we are bound by the IPAA NSW Constitution (November 2014) under the Associations Incorporation Act, 2009. The Constitution outlines our aims and objectives as an organisation and set out a series of guidelines on matters of business, membership and finances.
IPAA NSW Executive
The Executive Committee is responsible for providing oversight of the financial management of IPAA NSW and monitoring the organisational performance of IPAA NSW.
Our working commitees
We also have several working committees, which oversee key activities and initiatives for the Institute and help ensure our continued relevance in the public sector.
Audit and Risk Management Committee
Our Audit and Risk Management Committee, in association with the other committees, is responsible for monitoring the financial position of IPAA NSW.
Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
Our Program Advisory Committee works to review and consider potential topics and speakers for a range of events such as workshops, master classes , and forums as well as providing feedback as to the suitability and level of interest in proposed topics and speakers. The PAC will also explore and contribute to the development of the IPAA NSW Annual State Conference.
Ad hoc Committees
From time to time, we form committees for a specific purpose and time. Adhoc committees are mainly for large special events such as conferences.
As a member of IPAA NSW, you can nominate to join any of our working committees. It’s a great way to get involved, increase your networks and give back to the sector.
2018 Council Election - Call for Nominations
Nominations are now open for the IPAA NSW 2018 Council Election.
Election to Council offers members an even greater opportunity to contribute their expertise and experience to the development and success of our organisation.
Each year, a number of positions on our Council are declared vacant and members are invited to nominate for them. This system ensures continuity of operations, allows for fresh ideas, and helps drive the strategic direction of IPAA.
For the 2018 Council Election the following position will fall vacant:
- Vice President (two positions)
If you are a financial professional or associate member who wants to become more involved with IPAA NSW, make sure you nominate!
Click here to download the nomination form
Click here to download the ‘things you need to know’ document
Nominations close 5:00pm Friday 9 November 2018