Why I should enrol in the Great Managers® Program
I would like to develop the critical skills that will enable me to deliver outstanding results for our agency.
Every manager leading a team of people needs to be trained in people management – these skills do not come naturally. This course is uniquely designed for adult learning and application, focussing on 7 core strategies, delivered via weekly lessons, supported by interactive video lessons and live coaching sessions with a people management expert.
After completion I will have the tools to become a resourceful and inspiring leader with increased confidence and competence in having critical conversations, managing difficult situations and developing, motivating and engaging our staff to increase productivity and performance.
I will learn how to:
- understand my our own leadership style and how it impacts others
- better understand the personalities of others and how to manage difference
- develop and implement skills and strategies that will reduce stress and increase resilience
- manage critical conversations to achieve the desired outcome and keep relationships intact.
I will be able to:
- set clear expectations and achieve increased performance and results
- engage and motivate staff, and develop capability and potential in others
- use systems to run effective meetings, implement HR processes and activate organisational values
- identify, recruit and retain talented staff with the right cultural fit.
Our agency will benefit because we will have:
- greater leadership capability and higher levels of achievement
- a reduction in lost time and distress caused by workplace conflict and grievances
- increased employee engagement, morale and commitment.
I will be up-skilled, resulting in:
- greater confidence, self-control, resilience and resourcefulness
- the ability to manage stressful situations/conversations and maintain composure
- being able to bring out the best in each individual team member.
This program closely aligns to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework. Capabilities linked include:
- Act with Integrity
- Communicate Effectively
- Deliver Results
- Demonstrate Accountability
- Display Resilience and Courage
- Influence and Negotiate
- Inspire Direction and Purpose
- Manage and Develop People
- Manage Self
- Optimise Business Outcomes
- Plan and Prioritise
- Think and Solve Problems
- Value Diversity
- Work Collaboratively
This course addresses the capability development needs identified in my performance development plan. With your approval I can take the next step to ensure our agency has productive, high performing employees.