31 August 2020 (Facilitated Online)
This advanced procurement and contracting program focuses on the skills and knowledge required to manage the procurement and contracting functions within an agency or to develop agency policy, processes and procedures. The 9-day program (3x3 days) is strategically focused on the development of organisational procurement capability. It is suitable for experienced professional procurement officers wanting to enhance their strategic management knowledge and skill base. It is action learning-focused and uses case studies and simulations to ensure the tools, techniques and concepts presented in the program are analysed and practised in a safe learning environment. The program involves assessment, which encompasses in-class group work including presentations and work-based tasks completed outside of the class sessions.
- Develop organisational procurement plans
- Strategically analyse agency procurement spends by category
- Direct and manage continuous improvement and change in the procurement function
- Develop opportunities for coordinated procurement within and across agencies
- Manage strategic procurement negotiations
- Manage strategic procurement risk
- Strategically direct the management of contracts across an agency.
Benefits to you
- Agency procurement linked to achieving agency goals
- Improved procurement outcomes
- Reductions in the procurement spend across the agency
Benefits to your organisation
- Ability to plan strategically and link procurement to the agency’s Strategic Plan
- Ability to structure the procurement function
- Ability to manage the performance of the procurement teams and the agency’s contracts
This training is delivered through a mixture of presentation, group work, case studies and individual research in a partnering arrangement with accessUTS (RTO ID No 90811).
Assessment encompasses group work conducted in class including presentations on researched topics and work based tasks completed outside of the face to face sessions.
This qualification is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS). By completing this program, learners may be eligible to apply for exemption from some units of the CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply. For more information about CIPS accreditation visit the CIPS Accredited AQF Programs page.
Units in the Program
- PSPPCM020 Plan for strategic procurement
- PSPMGT007 Manage risk
- PSPPCM021 Coordinate strategic procurement
- PSPPCM022 Negotiate strategic procurement
- PSPPCM023 Manage strategic contracts
- PSPGEN067 Establish and maintain strategic networks
- PSPETH004 Maintain and enhance confidence in public service
- PSPLEG004 Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector
- PSPMGT006 Develop a business case
- PSPGEN078 Apply complex public sector financial requirements
- PSPGEN069 Foster leadership and innovation
- PSPGEN070 Persuade and influence opinion
- PSPMGT008 Formulate business strategies
- PSPMGT003 Manage Change
- PSPPCM024 Manage fundamental aspects of supply chain
Other courses you may be interested in
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.