Communicate with Confidence
By communicating confidently, you can influence how others perceive you and change how you feel about yourself. This course helps learners identify and practise fundamental strategies to manage a range of professional communication situations. It develops skills to enable learners to get their message across with clarity and to stay calm in challenging situations. The art of clever questioning to help uncover important information necessary to achieve workplace goals is also addressed.
- Use voice and non-verbal communication effectively and confidently
- Listen, exchange ideas, ask questions, and respond productively
- Focus on key points and clearly explain and present ideas and arguments with confidence
- Tailor communication to a range of audiences, purposes, contexts and outcomes
- Discuss effective strategies for communicating and influencing
- Explore preferred communication style and its impact on others.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Relationships: Communicate effectively
- Speak at the right pace and volume for varied audiences.
- Display active listening.
- Listen to others when they are speaking and ask appropriate, respectful questions.
- Explain things clearly.
- Focus on key points and speak in ‘plain English’.
- Be aware of own body language and facial expressions.
- Monitor own and others’ non-verbal cues and adapt where necessary.
- Communicate routine, technical information clear.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].