Develop an effective business case
This interactive one-day workshop follows the NSW Government business case guidelines (TPP 18-06). Through the course you will learn how to ensure your business case recommendation is evidence-based and meets the identified need and objectives. This is a stand-alone course, that is designed to complement the Cost Benefit Analysis courses.
- How to define the need and the objectives for the business case
- How to ensure strategic alignment of your business case
- How to appropriately engage with stakeholders
- Developing strategic responses to address the need
- What to consider when developing a cost benefit analysis
- Understand the role of risk management in a business case
- How selecting and test the preferred option
- How to write a compelling business case
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Adept to Advanced level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Results: Think and Solve Problems
- Undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognise and manage contextual issues.
- Work through issues, weigh up and identify the most effective solutions.
- Take account of the wider business context when considering options to resolve issues.
- Explore a range of possibilities and creative alternatives to contribute to systems, process and business improvements.
Results: Deliver Results
- Investigate and create opportunities to enhance the achievement of organisational objectives.
Business Enablers: Finance
- Make decisions and prepare business cases paying due regard to financial considerations.
Business Enablers: Project management
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].
- Prepare scope and business cases for more ambiguous or complex projects including cost and resource impacts.