16 November 2020 (Sydney)
The Diploma of Project Management equips participants to develop and manage projects within the workplace. The program guides participants through the complete project management process from project conception and initiation through to contract close. The skills learnt in this program can be used in projects of any size or complexity. The program is targeted at officers in a government agency or state owned corporation who work in or manage a workplace project. The five-day program maximises the opportunities for self-learning through the use of case studies and an overarching project simulation to enable participants to practise new skills in a collegial, positive learning environment.
- Define and initiate a project
- Design a comprehensive project plan
- Manage project resources
- Launch a project successfully
- Manage project performance
- Close out a project.
This training is delivered through a mixture of presentation, group work, case studies and individual research in a partnering arrangement with accessUTS (RTO ID No 90811).
This course maximises the opportunities for self-directed learning and action research to develop participants knowledge, skills and attributes while achieving the learning outcomes of the course.
The course encompasses a mixture of five days of face-to-face training, work-based activities, assessments and a requirement to demonstrate previous experience and knowledge through the Recognition process to obtain a full diploma qualification.
Assessment is completed via in class activities and individually completed assessment questions and workplace related tasks. The workplace related tasks include activities related to a project within the context of your workplace.
Units in the Program
- BSBPMG511 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration
- BSBPMG518 Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG520 Manage project governance
- BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].