The course incorporates key skills and strategies to be applied in the workplace and recognises the importance of effective delivery of quality performance feedback in fostering high performance. Learners will gain confidence in providing feedback in a variety of different situations to ultimately to improve performance and increase engagement and self-awareness among staff members.
- Gain improved insight with a more empathic view of the "poor performer"
- Understand the reasons for underperformance
- Apply effective tools and strategies for dealing with team members’ performance
- Display confidence in having difficult conversations to achieve constructive outcomes for team member performance.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
People Management: Manage and develop people, Inspire direction and purpose
- Assist team to understand organisational direction and explain the reasons behind decisions.
- Ensure the team/unit objectives lead to the achievement of business outcomes that align with organisational policies.
- Recognise and acknowledge individual/team performance.
- Define and clearly communicate roles and responsibilities to achieve team/unit outcomes.
- Collaborate on the establishment of clear performance standards and deadlines in line with established performance development frameworks.
- Develop team capability and recognise and develop potential in people.
- Be constructive and build on strengths when giving feedback.
- Identify and act on opportunities to provide coaching and mentoring.
- Address and resolve team and individual performance issues, including unsatisfactory performance in a timely and effective way.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].