19 November 2020 (facilitated online)
This course is suited to public sector managers who have responsibility for program and service planning, delivery and evaluation, including policy staff, strategic planning staff and program delivery managers. It covers an overview of the NSW Government’s Evaluation Policy Framework and Guidelines. Learners will be introduced to results-based accountability and program logic and will apply them to real-life case studies. An overview of economic evaluation methods will also be covered.
- Learn how to apply two practical approaches to evaluation: results-based accountability and program logic
- Learn how to source and collect data for evaluations
- Better understand the strengths and weaknesses of different types of evaluation design on drawing cause-and-effect links.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Business Enablers: Project Management
- Prepare clear project proposals and determine scope and goals in measurable terms using the results-based accountability and program logic approaches.
- Establish performance outcomes and measures for program monitoring, reporting and communication.
- Evaluate progress and monitor program achievements.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].