Essentials for new managers
- Understand the essential skills for people in supervisory positions
- Manage people, time and delegate work more effectively
- Enhance professional networking and progress as a manager
This practical two-day workshop assists participants to improve their understanding of themselves and their team. It encourages them to build action plans to improve their time, stress and performance management and helps them to analyse their own network and develop strategies to enhance it. The workshop explores the role and responsibilities of those in supervisory positions and teaches skills that help get the best from work colleagues. It teaches techniques for delegating work effectively, setting work goals and prioritising work, and building personal and staff performance plans. Participants practise on-the-job coaching and feedback skills, and learn how to enhance professional networking and progress as a manager.
- Recognise their own and others’ behaviour styles and use this knowledge to manage themselves and others more effectively in the workplace
- Identify good time management practices
- Create a personal time management strategy
- Identify the advantages of and barriers to delegation and create a clear delegation plan
- Develop on-the-job coaching skills
- Build a plan of action to respond more effectively to stress
- Develop an individual performance plan based on their job description
- Identify supporting networks and areas needing more support, and build networks.
Benefits to your organisation
- Team and organisational outcomes achieved more effectively
- Increased efficiency through enhanced team and individual performance
- Reduction in downtime as a result of improved communication and role clarity
Benefits to you
- More confidence in managing staff, delegating work, coaching others and dealing with resistance
- Increased effectiveness through better time management, improved delegation and appropriate task allocation
- Ability to achieve better team results by setting clearer goals and priorities, getting delegated work back on time to the standard required, and building team processes that encourage greater team participation
All course materials (including the workbooks) will be made available through our digital learning space, Illuminate. Your Illuminate access details will be provided 7 days prior to the course date.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].