14 October 2020 (Sydney)
To provide skills in designing an effective facilitation for meetings, focus groups, consultation, information forums or other similar sessions. This program takes a practical look at facilitation design to ensure objectives are met. It also focuses on a range of ways to build participation and commitment to results as well as skills for dealing with difficult behaviours in groups.
Key topics include:
- Framing and other key tools for facilitation
- The nature of facilitation and the role of the facilitator
- Interpersonal dynamics in the facilitation processes
- The communication skills and personal characteristics required of a facilitator
- Working towards positive and mutually acceptable outcomes, handling difficult behaviours
- Designing and developing an effective group
- Facilitation techniques and processes
- You will also leave the workshop with useful takeaway tools provided by the facilitator
- Understand the role of facilitation in group processes
- Set a clear purpose and objectives for their facilitation
- Design a facilitation using a range of facilitation approaches, tools and techniques
- Plan a facilitation to build participation and commitment
- Plan a facilitation to minimise disruptive behaviours
- Use effective communication skills to minimise the impact of difficult or disruptive behaviour
- Enable a group to achieve agreed outcomes.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Adept to Advanced level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Relationships: Communicate effectively, Influence and negotiate
- Present with credibility, engage varied audiences and test levels of understanding.
- Create opportunities for others to contribute to discussion and debate.
- Actively listen and encourage others to contribute inputs.
- Adjust style and approach to optimise outcomes.
- Build cooperation and overcome barriers to information sharing, communication and collaboration across the organisation.
- Gain consensus and commitment from others and resolve issues and conflicts.
Results: Deliver results
- Drive a culture of achievement and acknowledge input of others.
- Create opportunities to enhance the achievement of organisational objectives.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].