The course will equip learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to communicate goals, priorities, and vision to their team and to recognise their team’s achievements, thus building an engaged and motivated team aligned with the business outcomes. Learners will recognise and understand their own behaviour styles and use this knowledge to manage themselves and others within their workplace. They will build on-the-job coaching skills, learn to create delegation plans, and identify barriers to delegation and strategies to overcome barriers. Learners will be able to identify how their team’s outcomes contribute to the organisation’s business objectives and be able to articulate these in a meaningful way to their team.
- Communicate goals, priorities, and vision to their team
- Recognise their team’s achievements and how these align with the organisation’s business outcomes
- Understand their own behaviour styles and how to use these to effectively lead their team
- Recognise and develop strategies for successful delegation
- Develop delegation plans to lead their teams in achieving business outcomes
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Foundational to Intermediate level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Personal Attributes: Manage self, Act with integrity
- Seek feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Maintain own motivation when tasks become difficult.
- Look for and take advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and develop strengths.
- Show commitment to achieving challenging goals.
- Examine and reflect on own performance.
- Support a culture of integrity and professionalism.
- Understand and follow legislation, rules, policies, guidelines and codes of conduct.
- Help others to understand their obligations to comply with legislation, rules, policies, guidelines and codes of conduct.
People Management: Inspire direction and purpose
- Communicate goals, priorities and vision, and recognise achievements.
- Assist team to understand organisational direction.
- Ensure team members understand the organisation’s policies and services.
- Ensure team members understand how their activities align to business objectives and affect overall performance.
- Recognise and acknowledge team’s high-quality work.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].