20 November 2020 (facilitated online)
Overview of the governance and institutional arrangements of the system of government including:
- Westminster system
- the separation of powers (legislative, executive and judicial)
- machinery of government in NSW
- the role of the public servant
- recent public sector reforms and how modern government works
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the Westminster system of government
- Demonstrate an understanding of how their organisation's work operates in a larger government and governance context.
There are two versions of the program for in-house delivery:
- an introductory half-day program that is especially suited for less experienced new entrants to the public sector, such as new graduates (this is the version delivered in our public program)
- a more intensive full day program that covers the material in more detail, including contemporary public sector management and governance reforms - this version is better suited for in-house programs and for more senior or experienced public servants wishing to gain a better understanding of the public sector environment in which they operate.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Foundational to Intermediate level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Results: Deliver results
- Having a sound understanding of public sector framework and contemporary public sector governance is an essential and fundamental requirement for all public servants.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].