27 October 2020 (facilitated online)
This course is focused on understanding how emotionally intelligent people assess and comprehend the emotions of others and use this knowledge to positively influence them. Recognising that this ability is crucial for successful leaders, the course provides the opportunity for learners to develop and apply ways of leading with emotional intelligence (EI) using a variety of tools and techniques to influence others. Behaviours identified will allow learners to better understand their own emotions and those of others to effectively improve decision-making and facilitate high performance. This course will enable leaders to improve the ways in which they collaborate and motivate others in the workplace.
- Understand their own EI strengths and areas for development
- Explain the connection between appraisal and expression of emotion, regulation of emotion and the utilisation of emotion
- Have strategies in place to further develop their EI
- Improve EI communication in areas like assertiveness and giving and receiving feedback
- Improve their team’s performance through having productive discussions and recognising the team’s contribution.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Personal Attributes: Manage self
- Examine and reflect on own performance.
- Seek and respond positively to constructive feedback and guidance.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation.
- Act as a professional role model for colleagues, set high personal goals and take pride in achievements.
People Management: Mange and develop people
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].
- Develop team/unit plans that take into account team capability, strengths and opportunities for development.
- Provide regular constructive feedback to build on strengths and achieve results.
- Address and resolve team and individual performance issues, including unsatisfactory performance in a timely and effective way.
- Coach and mentor staff and encourage professional development and continuous learning.