Managing regional and dispersed staff
This course introduces techniques for managing dispersed staff that encourages coordination and communication, to create a coherent picture of how to get things done in highly distributed team environments. It explores how to manage and reduce emails, identify and manage various types of conflicts and how to launch a remote team effectively. Learners are exposed to a range of Web 2.0 tools to support their team’s improved communications and coordination.
- Identify the differences inherent in working in a dispersed team
- Identify the role of the manager in the context of remote communication
- Identify problems and challenges encountered by regional/remote teams
- Learn a range of tools to build and enhance communications
- Match collaboration tools with the needs of the team and organisation to achieve business outcomes
- Develop techniques to build effective workplace relationships in dispersed teams
- Build a communication plan for remote staff/teams
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
People Management: Manage and develop people, Inspire direction and purpose, Optimise business outcomes
- Define and clearly communicate roles and responsibilities to achieve team/unit outcomes.
- Negotiate clear performance standards and monitor progress.
- Develop team/unit plans that take into account team capability, strengths and opportunities for development.
- Coach and mentor staff and encourage professional development and continuous learning.
Relationships: Communicate effectively, Work collaboratively
- Communicate routine technical information clearly.
- Tailor communication to the audience.
- Engage other teams/units to share information and solve issues and problems jointly.
- Support others in challenging situations.
- Encourage a culture of recognising the value of collaboration.
- Build cooperation and overcome barriers to information sharing and communication across teams/units.
- Share lessons learned across teams/units.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].