21 October 2020 (Sydney)
Do you wish to deliver high-impact speeches or presentations? This course will put into practice tips and techniques to make you feel more comfortable, credible, confident and competent. Learn how to connect with an audience, make a memorable impact and add power to your voice to attract positive recognition. Discover the significance of visual, verbal and vocal congruence.
Key topics include:
- Refining your presentation delivery style
- Structuring content and connecting with an audience
- Presenting in formal settings
- Handling question and answer sessions with confidence
- Using PowerPoint and multimedia to engage
- Practical application and demonstration of techniques including filming and feedback.
- Focus on key points and speak in ‘plain English’, and clearly explain and present ideas and arguments with confidence to an audience
- Tailor communication that is well structured to the audience, and engage the audience through selection of content and relevant information
- Learn new skills in presenting, develop strengths and reflect on own performance, and demonstrate effective delivery
- In question and answer sessions be flexible, show initiative and respond quickly and constructively
- Lead and facilitate productive discussions with staff and stakeholders
- Create and use slides/multimedia to support your presentation.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Results: Deliver results
- Take the initiative to progress and deliver own and team/unit work.
- Take responsibility for delivering on intended outcomes.
- Make sure team/unit staff understand expected goals and acknowledge success.
Relationships: Communicate effectively, Influence and negotiate
- Focus on key points and speak in 'plain English'.
- Tailor communication to the audience.
- Clearly explain complex concepts and arguments to individuals and groups.
- Monitor own and others’ non-verbal cues and adapt where necessary.
- Actively listen to others and clarify own understanding.
- Utilise facts, knowledge and experience to support recommendations.
- Lead and facilitate productive discussions with staff and stakeholders.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].