Many public servants are asked to prepare speeches or speech notes for a senior officer or a minister. They rarely have any training in how to do this effectively. Participants in this course are given a step-by-step guide for writing a speech for work. They are shown how to systematically work through a range of strategies to generate interesting ideas. They are also given a variety of speech structures to build their speech around.
- avoid the traps for inexperienced speech writers
- understand the way the speaker and the occasion interact
- write a strong opening and closing
- structure a speech to suit the purpose
- make the speech interesting
- write a speech the speaker will feel comfortable giving.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Adept to Advanced level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Relationships: Communicate effectively
- Tailor communication to the audience.
- Clearly explain complex concepts and arguments to individuals and groups.
- Present with credibility, engage varied audiences and test levels of understanding.
- Translate technical and complex information concisely for diverse audiences.
- Adjust style and approach to optimise outcomes.
- Write fluently and persuasively in a range of styles and formats.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].