12 August 2020 (Facilitated Online)
This course is a leadership and people management program suitable for aspiring managers, or people who act up in a supervisory role from time to time. It utilises a blended learning methodology with a combination of online lessons and face-to-face leadership forums, and it is run over a 6-month period. It is ideal for supervisors and team leaders, or new or aspiring managers who really want to develop their skills in leading a team and strengthen their own emotional intelligence. The program is very practical and designed to build personal and team leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrate professionalism to support a culture of integrity within the team/unit
- Show awareness of own strengths and areas for growth and develop and apply new skills
- Recognise and adapt to individual differences and working styles
- Keep control of own emotions and stay calm under pressure and in challenging situations
- Demonstrate a high level of personal motivation
- Actively listen to others and clarify own understanding
- Be willing to seek out input from others and share own ideas to achieve best outcomes
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated
- Provide regular constructive feedback to build on strengths and achieve results
- Take the initiative to progress and deliver own and team/unit work
- Initiate and develop team goals and plans and use feedback to inform future planning
- Recognise and acknowledge high individual/team performance.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Foundational to Intermediate level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
People Management: Manage and develop people, Inspire direction and purpose, Optimise business outcomes
- Contribute to developing team capability and recognise potential in people.
- Give support and regular constructive feedback that is linked to development needs.
- Recognise performance issues that need to be addressed and work towards resolution of issues.
- Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated.
- Assist team to understand organisational direction and explain the reasons behind decisions.
- Keep team members informed of the reasons for decisions so that this may inform their work.
- Ensure the team/unit objectives lead to the achievement of business outcomes that align with organisational policies.
Personal Attributes: Act with integrity, Manage self, Value diversity, Display resilience and courage
- Show awareness of own strengths and areas for growth and develop and apply new skills.
- Acknowledge and be responsive to diverse experiences, perspectives, values and beliefs.
- Support a culture of integrity and professionalism.
- Stay calm and focused in the face of challenging situations.
Relationships: Communicate effectively, Influence and negotiate, Work collaboratively
- Communicate routine technical information clearly.
- Build a supportive and co-operative team environment.
- Respond constructively to conflict and disagreements.
Results: Deliver results, Plan and prioritise, Demonstrate accountability
- Contribute to allocation of responsibilities and resources to ensure achievement of team/unit goals.
- Understand the team/unit objectives and align operational activities accordingly.
- Take responsibility and be accountable for own actions.
- Understand delegations and act within authority levels.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].