The program will increase confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills in written communication within the Public Sector environment at a foundational to intermediate level. The range of learning application of the program includes writing emails, letters, responses to client correspondence and internal correspondence.
- Identifying and applying fundamental strategies to manage a range of professional written communications
- Simplifying language and Plain English
- Writing in active voice
- Articulating clear written messages
- Identifying and writing for the needs of the audience
- Structuring written material that is easy to follow
- Clarifying ideas and arguments in writing
- Understanding writing within a Public Sector context including the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Foundational to Intermediate level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Relationships: Communicate Effectively
- Prepare written material that is well structured and easy to follow by the intended audience.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].