Expanding your leadership capabilities
In this course, learners explore the nature of leadership and build skills necessary to make a difference in their workplace. The course focuses on why communication is such an important part of leadership and how to lead for positive change. It takes a practical look at leadership and concentrates on building practical leadership skills. The course addresses the relationship between leadership and management, emotional intelligence, communication skills critical to leadership and how to manage change and resistance.
- Identify the role of leadership and management within the modern public service
- Analyse the leadership profile of their team
- Explain the nature of change and its impact on team members
- Develop positive responses to change to support team members
- Demonstrate supportive communication
- Apply a difficult conversation framework to a real workplace example
- Develop techniques to enhance performance and reduce resistance in the workplace
- Identify their own leadership strengths and areas for further development
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered::
People Management: Inspire direction and purpose, Optimise business outcomes, Manage reform and change
- Through communicating goals, priorities and vision, and recognising achievements.
- Through managing resources effectively and applying sound workforce planning principles.
- Through supporting, promoting and championing change, and assisting others to engage with change.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].