Thursday 7 May 2020 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
As the situation regarding COVID-19 continues to unfold, the health and safety of IPAA’s customers and facilitators is paramount.
We have made the decision to deliver this course via ZOOM teleconferencing (see below).
Professional & Associate Members $675
Affiliate Members $775
Non Members $775
This course provides answers to the key questions facing managers, technical staff and business stakeholders responsible for risk management. It offers an introduction to risk management and an explanation of standards associated with risk management, and establishes how to use operational risk management as part of good government/corporate governance. Participants will learn how to calculate operational risk capital, identify and measure operational risks and develop strategies for mitigating risk. An overview of regulatory requirements in risk management will also be covered. A key feature of this course is the use of public sector case studies to cement the theoretical learning.
- Define risk management
- Understand the key elements of risk management
- Recognise how to analyse and treat risk
- Learn how to apply the ISO 31000 International Risk Management Standard
- Identify why it is important to manage risks
- Understand the need for an integrated approach to strategic risk identification
- Develop a risk assessment process
- Determine risk treatment methods
- Develop, implement and monitor risk management plans.
4.1 out of 5 (based on feedback from 10 learners)
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Results: Demonstrate accountability
- Take responsibility and be accountable for own actions.
- Understand delegations and act within authority levels.
- Assess work outcomes and identify and share learning to inform future actions.
- Ensure that actions of self and others are focused on achieving organisational outcomes.
- Understand and apply high standards of financial probity with public monies and other resources.
- Identify and implement safe work practices, taking a systematic risk management approach to ensure health and safety of self and others.
- Conduct and report on quality control audits.
- Identify risks to successful achievement of goals, and take appropriate steps to mitigate those risks.
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Our virtual classroom consists of a facilitator teaching the class to students who are dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator.
To enable connection, you will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen to support the number of students in the room.
Richard Walker is a Principal of AcademyGlobal, and has 30 years’ industry experience encompassing senior risk, operations and compliance roles with several leading global institutions. Richard has a detailed knowledge of financial mathematics, markets and products; the ability to differentiate the interests of stakeholders; and use of credit, cash flow, and financial ratio analysis to implement strategies. More recently, Richard has written and delivered bespoke training for clients drawn from the corporate, government, and financial services sectors in Australia, South East Asia, and the Middle East resulting in rapid knowledge transfer. He has been involved in the development and delivery of Project Management Fundamentals for IPAA NSW, NSW Police and Service NSW; delivery of Finance for Non-Finance Managers training for NSW Office of Environment and Heritage, NSW Department of Finance, Services and Innovation; and delivery of Risk Management training for NSW Department of Education and IPAA NSW. His areas of focus include: corporate credit risk, financial analysis, enterprise risk management, conduct risk and operational risk.
All course materials (including the workbooks) will be made available through our digital learning space, Illuminate. Your Illuminate access details will be provided 7 days prior to the course date.
Other courses you may be interested in
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.