Thursday 19th and Friday 20th May 2022 (1:30pm to 4:30pm each day)
Delivered via Zoom interactive workshop
Professional & Associate Members $745.00 (incl. GST)
Affiliate Members $850.00 (incl. GST)
Non Members $965.00 (incl. GST)
If you are a NSW public sector employee, then you are eligible for Affiliate membership free of charge. Click here to join.
This course is also available for in-house delivery. For more information please contact the Learning team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected] for a quote.
This course provides participants with the skills and abilities to work effectively in a virtual working environment. Participants will learn what underpins a successful work environment and how this translates to a virtual environment. Participants will complete several collaborative exercises to develop the professional skills employed in a virtual work environment and will share their experiences with other participants.
After attending ‘Essential skills for performing in a virtual world’, participants will be better able to:
- understand what it means to work well in a hybrid environment
- identify the things that do not change in a hybrid environment
- ensure the basics for thriving at work are in place
- identify what is different in a hybrid environment
- remain productive and resilient while working away from the office
Peter Morris included everyone in the discussion and endeavoured to ensure that everyone was participating and understood the course. Given the environment is difficult with COVID-19, I appreciated that Peter kept the course running smoothly. It felt just like a face to face and workshop. Highly enjoyable, thank-you!
Peter was very knowledgeable and explained concepts clearly – whilst providing real life examples.
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Our virtual classroom consists of a facilitator teaching the class to students who are dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator.
To enable connection, you will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at the Foundational-Adept levels for the following focus capabilities:
- Displays resilience and courage
- Manage self
- Communicate effectively
- Work collaboratively
- Deliver results
Benefits to your organisation
- Increased productivity and effectiveness in hybrid working environments
Improved interaction, communication and professional relationships
Benefits to your organisation
- Increased resilience in working in remote and dispersed environment
Peter Morris is a senior facilitator with extensive public sector management and facilitation experience. Peter’s management and leadership experience was initially honed as an Australian Army Officer and was refined with a subsequent career in a large Federal Government agency. He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Managers and Leaders and is qualified coach with many hours of coaching and mentoring experience.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].