7-9 March, 4-6 April & 9-11 May 2022 (9:00am to 5:00pm) – 9 days total
Delivered via Zoom interactive workshop
Professional & Associate Members $6,650.00 (incl. GST)
Affiliate Members $6,890.00 (incl. GST)
Non Members $7,000.00 (incl. GST)
If you are a NSW public sector employee, then you are eligible for Affiliate membership free of charge. Click here to join.
This course is also available for in-house delivery. For more information please contact the Learning team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected] for a quote.
This program is explicitly aligned to the needs of public sector project management is aimed at government agency or state-owned corporation officers working in or managing workplace projects. The program equips participants with the skills and abilities to develop and manage projects of any size or complexity and guides them through the complete project management process from project conception and initiation to contract close. The nine-day program maximises opportunities for self-learning using case studies and an overarching project simulation to enable participants to practise new skills in a collegial, positive learning environment.
- The IPAA/UTS Diploma is the ONLY course entirely customised for the public-sector.
- This Diploma has been designed to reflect specific challenges and risks involved in developing and managing projects in the public sector context including building a business case and budgeting in public sector and probity and ethics in public sector project management.
- The Diploma is Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, the international professional body for logistics and transport.
- Featured guest speakers drawn from NSW Government senior executives with senior project experience.
- Establish a governance framework for a complex project
- Establish an appropriate project management approach
- Develop a complex project management plan
- Manage a complex project
- Close and evaluate a complex project
- Manage and lead a project team
- Design and implement effective stakeholder engagement strategies
- Develop and manage project schedules and budgets
- Manage project risk and quality
- Negotiate successful project outcomes
- Develop effective strategies to remedy variances from project plans
- Establish a continuous improvement culture for projects
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Our virtual classroom consists of a facilitator teaching the class to students who are dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator.
To enable connection, you will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen to support the number of students in the room.
This training is delivered through a mixture of presentation, group work, case studies and individual research in a partnering arrangement with accessUTS (RTO ID No 90811).
This course maximises the opportunities for self-directed learning and action research to develop participants knowledge, skills and attributes while achieving the learning outcomes of the course.
The course encompasses a mixture of nine days of face-to-face training (online facilitated workshop), work-based activities, assessments and a requirement to demonstrate previous experience and knowledge through the Recognition process to obtain a full diploma qualification.
Assessment is completed via in class activities and individually completed assessment questions and workplace related tasks. The workplace related tasks include activities related to a project within the context of your workplace.
Units in the Program
BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
BSBPMG531 Manage project time
BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
BSBPMG533 Manage project cost
BSPPMG534 Manage project human resources
BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication
BSBPMG536 Manage Project risk
BSBPMG537 Manage Project Procurement
BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement
BSBPMG539 Manage project governance
BSBPMG540 Manage Project Integration
BSBSTR502 Facilitate Continuous Improvement
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].