Tuesday 26th February 2019
8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Please arrive by 8:30 to sign in and pick up your name tag (ID is required)
Level 4, Conference Room, McKell Building
2-24 Rawson Place, Haymarket 2000
Seats are booked out. If you would like to be on the wait list for a seat, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can still register for livestream by following the instructions below. We will send you the link closer to the date.
Interested in attending this event? Scroll down to the bottom of the page and follow the 'how to register' instructions.
Better Together: The benefits of community engagement in policy and service delivery
How might we engage with communities and stakeholders to achieve more effective policy and service delivery?
Join us for an interactive event as we explore the role of community and stakeholder engagement in policy and service delivery. We will discuss engagement in policy making, service design and program delivery, and the intersection of customer service and engagement in practice. Our speakers will share how they are using data analytics, experience design, design thinking and engagement methods, and discuss how these techniques and the insights they have gained might be used to improve government services in NSW.
8.30-9.00AM Registration, community noticeboard and networking.
9.00-9.10AM Opening welcome and introduction.
9.10-9.30AM Stakeholder, citizen, customer and community engagement - how we might
work better together?
Amelia Loye, Managing Director, engage2.
9.30-9.50AM Designing policy, services and engagements.
• Department of Industry: Alison Crocker A/Director Community Relations
and A/Director Stakeholder and Strategy.
Community engagement in legislation.
• Department of Justice, Legal Aid NSW: Jane Cipants, Director Client
Services and Judith Levitan, Manager Client Services.
Engaging our clients in designing digital services.
• National Council of Social Services (NCOSS): Olivia Wright, Engagement
On the ground to inform policy and advocacy work.
• Service NSW: Donna Maciejewski, Director Customer Experience and Paul
Sutton, Regional Manager - South.
Re-imagining our end-to-end customer journey.
• Their Futures Matter: Sophia Scarpellino, Policy Officer and CREATE
Foundation: Erin Rhoades, Policy Officer.
Developing client centred approaches in policy design.
9.50-10.10AM Community engagement experiences from the frontline.
• Community representatives.
10.10-10.50AM Interactive session - Q&A, and small group discussion with panellists and
11.00-11.45AM Morning tea
11.00-11.45AM Interactive session - sharing insights from small group discussions.
11.45-11.50AM Final poll
11.50-12.00PM Wrap up, event survey, next event and CX Professionals hang outs.
You will walk away with:
• An overview of how organisations are engaging, servicing and
working with communities and the insights they have gained.
• An understanding of various community engagement approaches,
the methods being used to include the community in policy making
and service delivery and its benefits.
• Tips on how to establish and foster a community engagement centric
• A network of contacts and a suite of resources to support you in community
This event will be livestreamed to reach our regional colleagues.
If you would like to join us via livestream, please let us know when you register and we will send you the link details closer to the event date.
Limited seats. Please register by 5PM Wednesday 20 February 2019
Please contact Cassidy, IPAA NSW Event Coordinator, email@example.com if you have any issues registering for this event.
How to register
1. Please proceed to login in if you already have an IPAA NSW account.
2. If you do not have an IPAA NSW account, please click "Create New Account"
and fill in the details.
a. Please go back to your email invitation to obtain the registration link.
3. After logging in to your account or creating an account, go to the event
page and click the "Register Myself" button.
4. Fill in the questions and click "Save Responses".
5. Then click "Proceed to Checkout", this will take you to the shopping cart page.
If you want to proceed with your registration, click "Submit Order".
6. You will then be sent an Order Confirmation Email.