Monday 8 April 2019
8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Please arrive by 8:30 to sign in and pick up your name tag
Department of Education
105 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150
Interested in attending this event? Scroll down to the bottom of the page and follow the 'how to register' instructions.
Compliments, Complaints and Suggestions: Shaping organisational culture
Listening to and acting on customer feedback, both positive and negative, is one of the best ways to improve your services and build a better relationship with our customers. Join us for an interactive panel on how compliments, complaints and suggestions can help organisations to grow, develop and improve.
The NSW public sector has seen a wide range of reforms in the last few years to how it receives and responds to feedback as part of the Complaint Handling Improvement Project (CHIP). These changes have helped to shift our thinking about customer complaints and challenge the way things are done within the public sector.
Hear from 5 thought leaders, each with a very unique perspective, who have taken customer feedback to the next level in their organisation
• Chris Wheeler, Deputy NSW Ombudsman
• Professor Tania Sourdin, Dean and Head of School, University of Newcastle Law School
• Dr Brendan French, Customer Advocate Commonwealth Bank
• Katharine Ovenden, Director Feedback and Complaints, Employee
Performance and Conduct, Department of Education
• Cherie Manukia, Director Program Delivery, Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
Questions and case studies
To make the session as interactive and practical as possible, we ask attendees to send through any questions or difficult areas they are grappling with prior to the event.
We would also like attendees to send through any case examples they think may lead to interesting discussion on the panel and among attendees. These examples will be discussed without identifying the agency or department involved, with the focus on how to achieve the best possible outcome.
Please send your questions and case studies when you register for this event.
8.30-9.00AM Registration, community noticeboard and networking.
9.00-9.05AM Welcome to the Customer Experience Community of Practice.
Cherie Manukia, Director Program Delivery
Department of Finance, Services and Innovation.
9.05-9.10AM Housekeeping and live poll.
9.10-9.20AM Opening message.
Michael Barnes, NSW Ombudsman
9.20-10.30AM Panel Discussion
• Panel member introduction
• Discussion of current areas of interest, current topics
10:30-10.50AM Morning Tea
10.50-11.50AM Panel - Q&A and consideration of attendees scenarios
11.50-12.00PM Wrap up, event survey, next event and CX Professionals hang outs
You will walk away with:
• An understanding of how others are responding to customer
feedback across the public sector.
• Tips on how to respond to challenging customer feedback situations.
• An overview of the benefits of responding to customer feedback and
how this can be used for better outcomes within your own organisation.
• Contacts and sources for additional help to respond to and make
the most of compliments, complaints and feedback.
We will have a community noticeboard where you can share news, ask for or offer support to each other. Please use it to promote your projects, share content and swap contact details.
This event will be livestreamed to reach our regional colleagues. If you would like to join us on livestream, please let us know when you register and we will send you the link details closer to the event date.
Limited seats. Please register by 5PM Monday 1 April 2019
Please contact Cassidy, IPAA NSW Event Coordinator, email@example.com if you have any issues registering for this event.
How to register
1. Please proceed to login in if you already have an IPAA NSW account.
2. If you do not have an IPAA NSW account, please click "Create New Account"
and fill in the details.
a. Please go back to your email invitation to obtain the registration link.
3. After logging in to your account or creating an account, go to the event
page and click the "Register Myself" button.
4. Fill in the questions and click "Save Responses".
5. Then click "Proceed to Checkout", this will take you to the shopping cart page.
If you want to proceed with your registration, click "Submit Order".
6. You will then be sent an Order Confirmation Email.