When: 20 April 2020 - 24 June 2020 (9 days - 3 x 3-day workshops)
Workshop dates: 20-22 April, 20-22 May, 22-24 June 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Venue: 451 St Paul's Terrace, Fortitude Valley
Group (3 or more) $5,600 per person *
*Call 02 8066 1900 or email email@example.com
(Full to capacity)
Please sign in to register (see our handy web guides)
- Completion of the Diploma of Procurement and Contracting
- To discuss accelerated entry into the Advanced Diploma, please contact IPAA NSW on 02 8066 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This advanced procurement and contracting program focuses on the skills and knowledge required to manage the procurement and contracting functions within an agency or to develop agency policy, processes and procedures. The 9-day program (3 x 3-day workshops) is strategically focused on the development of organisational procurement capability. It is suitable for experienced procurement professionals wanting to enhance their strategic management knowledge and skill base. It is action learning-focused and uses case studies and simulations to ensure the tools, techniques and concepts presented are analysed and practised in the learning environment.
- develop organisational procurement plans
- strategically analyse agency procurement spends by category
- direct and manage continuous improvement and change in the procurement function
- develop opportunities for coordinated procurement within and across agencies
- manage strategic procurement negotiations
- manage strategic procurement risk
- strategically direct the management of contracts across an agency.
Benefits to your organisation
- agency procurement linked to achieving agency goals
- improved procurement outcomes
- optimise procurement spend across the agency
Benefits to you
- ability to plan strategically and link procurement to the agency’s Strategic Plan
- ability to structure the procurement function
- ability to manage the performance of the procurement teams and the agency’s contracts
Advanced Diploma Learning Approach
This course is delivered through a mixture of presentation, group work, case studies and individual research in a partnering arrangement with accessUTS (RTO ID No 90811).
Assessment encompasses group work conducted in class including presentations on researched topics and work based tasks completed outside of the face to face sessions.
Formal assessment includes in-class group work (including presentations) and work-based tasks completed outside of the class sessions.
Units in the Program
There are 15 units in this program they are:
PSPPROC604B Plan for strategic procurement
PSPMNGT608B Manage risk
PSPPROC605B Coordinate strategic procurement
PSPPROC606B Negotiate strategic procurement
PSPPROC607A Manage strategic contracts
PSPGOV602B Establish and maintain strategic networks
PSPETHC601B Maintain and enhance confidence in public service
PSPLEGN601B Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector
PSPMNGT607B Develop a business case
PSPFIN601A Apply complex public sector financial requirements
PSPGEN069 Foster leadership and innovation
PSPGOV605A Persuade and influence opinion
PSPMNGT609B Formulate business strategies
PSPGEN066 Apply government systems
PSPPROC608 Manage fundamental aspects of supply chain
*NEW* Virtual Classroom for regional and remote students
Our virtual classroom consists of an actual classroom with a facilitator teaching the class to students who are either in the classroom with the facilitator or dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator. The class can also view the students who are remotely dialled into the class session and can interact with them in the same manner as in a classroom.
For students located in the same city or town as the facilitator, we recommend they attend the classroom with the facilitator, and those who are located outside of the actual classroom to form their own groups in the same city or town and then remote into the virtual classroom together from the same physical location, e.g. meeting room or training room.
Each physical location will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen to support the number of students in the room.
We use Zoom Room to allow the greatest outreach of students and to provide another avenue for people wanting to undertake training without the excessive cost of flights and accommodation necessary to send a person to a capital city to undertake face-to-face training. We use this technology to help those in remote locations who would normally miss out on further education because they are unable to either fund or access the training they need to perform their work better.
There is an extra fee for this option - $150.00 (incl. GST) per day. This fee covers all remote students for the day. If you are interested in this option, please contact IPAA NSW on 02 8066 1900.
The class size is a minimum of twelve up to a maximum of eighteen participants only.
Individual bookings are a per person cost. Group bookings are a per person cost for a group of three or more participants from the same agency.
Course delivery is subject to meeting minimum panel size (12–18). Where a minimum panel is not achieved, registered attendees will be advised no later than one week prior to the course start date.
In-House Course Delivery
In-house training can also be provided directly to your organisation. Maximum class size of 18 applies. Contact email@example.com for more information including the fee schedule.
The information being collected when registering for this course is for the purpose of managing your learning and development. This organisation may disclose this information to a Queensland government agency or contracted service provider as is necessary for the management, delivery and student outcome reporting of this learning and development course. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any other third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.