Wednesday 6 May 2020 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
As the situation regarding COVID-19 continues to unfold, the health and safety of IPAA’s customers and facilitators is paramount.
We have made the decision to deliver this course via ZOOM teleconferencing (see below).
Professional & Associate Members $675
Affiliate Members $775
Non Members $775
This course uses the project lifecycle as a framework and is focused on providing learners with practical project management tools and techniques. Content covered includes identifying project goals, scoping, planning, risk management, communication and closing activities. This course is suitable for anyone who is a project team member, manages small projects or who is new to project management and is looking for a solid foundation and methodology for further skills development.
- Contribute to the development of project schedules and plans and contribute to the identification of project deliverables
- Contribute as a member of a project team and be clear about their own roles and responsibilities within the project
- Take responsibility for their own part of the project and work towards achieving agreed deadlines within a set budget and timeframe
- Seek support from colleagues in advance where necessary
- Bring problems and potential problems to the attention of the project leader and participate in the evaluation of outcomes.
"Really rewarding day! I look forward to attending the advanced course."
Recent IPAA learner
3.97 out of 5 (based on feedback from 42 learners)
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Business Enablers: Project Management
- Plan and deliver tasks with agreed schedules.
- Check progress against schedules and seek help to overcome barriers.
- Participate in planning and provide feedback about improvements to schedule/s.
- Perform basic research and analysis which others will use to inform project directions.
- Understand project goals, steps to be undertaken and expected outcomes.
- Prepare accurate documentation to support cost or resource estimates.
- Participate and contribute to reviews of progress, outcomes and future improvements.
- Identify and escalate any possible variance from project plans.
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Our virtual classroom consists of a facilitator teaching the class to students who are dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator.
To enable connection, you will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen to support the number of students in the room.
Stuart is an executive trainer, executive coach, university business school lecturer who specialises in the areas of financial management, project management and risk management. His customised training services and executive coaching are all enriched by an extensive career working across the world as Finance Director for global listed companies operating in the power generation, construction, resources and transportation sectors. Stuart has designed and facilitated training as well as coached and mentored senior management within commercial firms, government and the not for profit sector. Stuart is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, holds a Diploma in Project Management and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
All course materials (including the workbooks) will be made available through our digital learning space, Illuminate. Your Illuminate access details will be provided 7 days prior to the course date.
Other courses you may be interested in
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.