When: At this time we are only taking expressions of interest for this program. If you are interested in attending this program, please call the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email email@example.com.
This course is always available for in-house delivery. For more information please contact the Learning team on 02 8066 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
- Build a strong foundation of emotional intelligence to become a resourceful and inspiring leader
- Increase confidence and competence in having critical conversations and managing difficult situations
- Learn how to develop, motivate and engage your staff to increase productivity and performance
Uniquely designed for adult learning and application, the Great Managers® program focuses on 7 core strategies, delivered via 26 lessons, supported by interactive video lessons and live Coaching sessions (either F2F or Virtual) with your people management expert.
- Understand your own leadership style and how it impacts others
- Better understand the personalities of others and how to manage difference
- Develop and implement skills and strategies that will reduce stress and increase resilience
- Manage critical conversations to achieve the desired outcome and keep relationships intact
- Set clear expectations and achieve increased performance and results
- Engage and motivate staff, and develop capability and potential in others
- Use systems to run effective meetings, implement HR processes and activate organisational values
- Identify, recruit and retain talented staff with the right cultural fit
Benefits to your organisation
- Greater leadership capability within the organization and higher levels of achievement
- Reduced lost time and distress caused by workplace conflict and grievances
- Increased employee engagement, morale and commitment
Benefits to you
- Greater confidence, self-control, resilience and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage stressful situations/conversations and maintain composure
- You will know how to bring out the best in each individual in your team
Self-paced Online Component
- 12 months access to the program.
- 7 strategies covered over 26 lessons (approximately 1 hour of learning per lesson).
- Video, audio and workbook resources for each lesson.
- Weekly reminder emails, to help keep you on track with lessons.
- Access to optional monthly MasterClass sessions delivered via live webinar, on a range of practical leadership topics not covered in the program. These sessions are also recorded and available as a library to program participants.
- Join a community of Great Managers.
- Access to unlimited email support from your people management expert.
Scheduled Face-To-Face Components
- Delivered Live & face to face or via video conferencing software.
- Program launch event - Initial briefing and orientation session to establish the cohort, meet participants and launch the program.
- Leadership forums - 7 x 1.5 hour live group coaching sessions (either F2F or Virtual - depending on your needs), where learning and application of learning is discussed. Held at the conclusion of each strategy, in 6 week intervals.
- Certificate of Completion and graduation ceremony for the cohort at the end of the program.
Note: For cohorts sharing the same location, special arrangements may be made to deliver face-to-face components in a shared physical location)
In-house delivery (please contact IPAA NSW for pricing as it may differ from the above)
This program can be delivered in-house to cohorts between 6 and 12. Where there are more than 12 participants, cohorts can be split into two or more groups.
For in-house programs, the leadership forums can be delivered by the facilitator face-to-face at your workplace (Additional travel costs apply for locations outside of the Greater Sydney region. This is charged at cost, per event).
Have questions about this training?
Need help getting approval?
How does this program align to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework?
Facilitated by Sandra Wood
Sandra has extensive human resources and organisational development experience having held senior HR & OD management positions in both the private and public sectors. Her combination of commercial and people skills built up over the past twenty five years is backed by her qualifications in education, business management and executive coaching.
Since 2001 Sandra has been running her own successful leadership and management consultancy and is well known as an expert facilitator, trainer and coach with a wide range of clients from professional services, financial services, IT, local government, state government, telecommunications, fashion, NGOs and construction and property development.
Sandra is the designer and lead facilitator of many successful leadership courses that have been run across multiple State Government Departments and it is this expertise and quality of work that has seen her establish long term relationships with numerous satisfied clients. Having trained over 1000 leaders and through using diagnostics to measure success, Sandra knows what works and what doesn’t when it comes to people management, and she knows how to make it easy to learn and apply.
Sandra has degree and post graduate qualifications in Human Resource Development, Education, and Management, as well as numerous other accreditations in Coaching, 360 Degree Feedback, Personality, Strengths Deployment, Proactive Resolutions, and Emotional Intelligence.
Sandra is committed to her own ongoing professional development and is a member of the Australian Institute of Management (AIM), the Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD) and the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email email@example.com.