This course provides you with the skills and abilities to manage an effective hybrid working environment. You will learn what characterises a hybrid work environment and how it differs from a traditional work environment. You will complete several collaborative exercises to develop the managerial skills employed in a hybrid work environment. The workshop is facilitated to ensure all learners can share their experiences.
After attending ‘building highly effective hybrid teams’, you will be better able to:
- Understand what it means to work in a hybrid environment
- Identify the things that do not change in a hybrid environment
- Establish the foundations for managing high performing teams
- Identify what is different in a hybrid environment
- Retain team cohesion and productivity in a hybrid environment
- Maintain personal and team resilience.
Peter Morris included everyone in the discussion and endeavoured to ensure that everyone was participating and understood the course. Given the environment is difficult with COVID-19, I appreciated that Peter kept the course running smoothly. It felt just like a face to face and workshop. Highly enjoyable, thank-you!
Recent Commonwealth government participant
Peter was very knowledgeable and explained concepts clearly – whilst providing real life examples.
Recent public sector participant
ZOOM Virtual Classroom
Our virtual classroom consists of a facilitator teaching the class to students who are dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator.
To enable connection, you will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience;
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at the Intermediate-Adept levels for the following focus capabilities:
- Displays resilience and courage
- Manage self
- Communicate effectively
- Work collaboratively
- Deliver results
Benefits to your organisation
- Increased productivity and effectiveness in hybrid working environments
- Improved interaction, communication, and team cohesion
Benefits to you
- Increased confidence and certainty in building effective teams
- Reduced stress while managing remote and dispersed teams
Peter Morris is a senior facilitator with extensive public sector management and facilitation experience. Peter’s management and leadership experience was initially honed as an Australian Army Officer and was refined with a subsequent career in a large Federal Government agency. He is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Managers and Leaders and is qualified coach with many hours of coaching and mentoring experience.
Thursday 9th and Friday 10th June 2022 (9:30am to 12:30pm each day)
Delivered via Zoom interactive workshop
Professional & Associate Members $745.00 (incl. GST)
Affiliate Members $850.00 (incl. GST)
Non Members $965.00 (incl. GST)
If you are a NSW public sector employee, then you are eligible for Affiliate membership free of charge. Click here to join.
This course is also available for in-house delivery. For more information please contact the Learning team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected] for a quote.
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email [email protected].