NSW Government Strategic Workforce Planning Masterclass
1 November, 8 November, 15 November, 22 November, 29 November 2023
The Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP) Masterclasses have been established by the NSW Public Service Commission and are delivered in partnership with IPAA NSW.
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM (AEST)
The course brings the PSC’s Strategic Workforce Planning Framework to life by:
- Exploring strategic workforce planning concepts
- Practicing strategic workforce planning activities
- Identifying the types of questions you need to ask when undertaking Strategic Workforce Planning
Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance from.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
Participants will learn how to:
- Align workforce strategy to organisational strategy
- Engage the business in workforce strategy
- Perform organisational analysis using workforce analytics
- Explore alternate futures through scenario planning
- Identify where targeted HR initiatives deliver the highest strategic return on investment
- Close the gaps between the workforce of today and the preferred workforce of the future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The masterclasses will assist practitioners who are just getting started or are currently implementing strategic workforce planning initiatives within their own agencies. Past attendees have included Strategic Workforce Planners, Human Resources Business Partners, and Organisational Development Managers.
- Course duration: 5 x 3 hour sessions over 5 weeks from 1November to 29 November 2023.
- Cost: $1,845 (excl GST) per person
- Delivery: Facilitator-led via Microsoft Teams;
- After registering a placeholder invitation will be emailed to you. This will be updated with a meeting link one week prior to the masterclass.
- Please join via the meeting link as there is no dial in option.
- Capacity: 12-18 participants
- What to bring: Your agency’s mission and vision, and any specific strategic objectives for agency that they represent
The masterclasses are facilitated by Alex Hagan, the Founder and CEO at Kienco. Alex works with governments and global organisations to build their future workforce through Strategic Workforce Planning and Workforce Data Science.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Login or create and IPAA NSW account
2. Select ‘Register Myself’ and fill in your responses
3. Processed to checkout and submit your order
4. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email from IPAA
For questions relating to: