Finance for Non-Finance Professionals
Everything you need to know about finance.
Everything you need to about finance to support your work.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Are you a non-finance professional involved in making financial decisions?
Would your work benefit from a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of budgeting and financial management?
A foundational understanding of finance and accounting concepts is beneficial for anyone looking to move to more senior leadership positions.
This course has been specifically designed for those with a non-finance background who have responsibility over a budget.
If you are keen to build your skills in finance for your next career move, this course is for you.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
You will leave this course with the foundational skills and knowledge for financial management in the public sector.
You will explore financial and accounting concepts, and learn the language and tools to assist in managing your next budget successfully.
You will finish this course knowing you can:
- understand and explain accounting terminology.
- understand how funding allocations are developed and how to influence them.
- understand the rules about expenditure, including regulations and Acts governing the use of different types of funds.
- prepare unit budgeting, including salary budget.
- analyse financial data and deliver financial reports suited to business needs.
- understand internal controls and monthly reporting.
- manage across several project budgets, and identify from financial reports when allocated funds should be reallocated.
Finance for Non-Finance Professionals is for people at the Intermediate to Adept levels and you will develop the following capabilities:
- Business enablers: Finance
- Results: Deliver results
- Results: Think and solve problems
Please note: All NSW Public Servants are automatically Affiliate members of IPAA NSW and entitled to Affiliate rates. To activate this, sign up here.
Be at your best, for NSW.
Register now to secure your spot.
Terms and Conditions