IF YOU WISH TO ATTEND A FACE-TO-FACE SESSION PLEASE BOOK INTO ONE OF OUR OTHER COURSE OFFERINGS
When: Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th December 2022
Time: 10.00AM - 5.00PM
Standard Fee (incl. GST) $1,045.00
Group Fee (incl. GST) $950.00 per person * (Minimum 3 people)
* Contact IPAA NSW on 02 8066 1900 for group bookings
- Successful completion of Level 1 Introduction to Procurement is a pre-requisite requirement to register for PCP Level 2 Intermediate procurement.
- To discuss direct entry into PCP Level 2, please email [email protected] or call 07 3215 3604
- QLD PCP Procurement policy 2021 click here
Intermediate Procurement builds on the fundamental procurement skills introduced in PCP Level 1 Introduction to Procurement. It introduces the concept of procurement as a strategic and cyclical process. Key tasks are introduced including drafting a specification, preparing an invitation to offer, receiving, and evaluating offers and basic contract administration. Risk assessment, ethics, and fair dealing, incorporating sustainability in procurement practice and the concept of total cost of ownership are examined to develop the skill set of the intermediate procurement officer.
- Awareness of the essential phases in the strategic sourcing cycle
- Ability to plan a procurement activity
- Ability to implement a procurement plan in a way that reflects the legislative and policy environment applicable to the organisation
- Ability to draft specifications, go to market, and select suppliers for small-medium size procurements
- Ability to undertake basic contract administration, contract management planning and performance management of contractors
- Understanding of how to conduct risk assessments and an introduction to the concept of total-cost-of-ownership
- Understanding of ethics and fair dealing, and how to incorporate sustainability in procurement
- Act within own delegations and refer issues to higher authority when necessary
Benefits to your organisation
- Compliance with QLD Government procurement legislation
- Contract disputes avoided
- Improved value for money arising from low risk, low value purchases
Benefits to you
- Understanding of how to plan a low risk, low value procurement process
- Ability to conduct an effective procurement activity
- Ability to manage a contract effectively
- Ethics and fair dealing
- Sustainable procurement overview
- Analysis to achieve value for money
- Introduction to contract law
- Co-ordinating procurement
- Procurement planning
- Conducting the procurement
- Manage the contract
- Complete contractual arrangements
*NEW* Virtual Classroom for regional and remote students
Our virtual classroom consists of an actual classroom with a facilitator teaching the class to students who are either in the classroom with the facilitator or dialled in remotely to the class session. Presentation slides and other digital files can be presented during the training session using the Zoom platform and the student may either focus on these resources or the facilitator. The class can also view the students who are remotely dialled into the class session and can interact with them in the same manner as in a classroom.
For students located in the same city or town as the facilitator, we recommend they attend the classroom with the facilitator, and those who are located outside of the actual classroom to form their own groups in the same city or town and then remote into the virtual classroom together from the same physical location, e.g., meeting room or training room.
Each physical location will require the following set-up:
- Sufficient internet connection – Zoom is successful on a 4G network. Any network better than 4G will enhance the student’s experience.
- A PC with a web-camera, microphone, and the capacity to run the Zoom application to allow the facilitator to better interact with students in the same manner as a traditional classroom; and
- Sufficient sized monitor or screen to support the number of students in the room.
We use Zoom Room to allow the greatest outreach of students and to provide another avenue for people wanting to undertake training without the excessive cost of flights and accommodation necessary to send a person to a capital city to undertake face-to-face training. We use this technology to help those in remote locations who would normally miss out on further education because they are unable to either fund or access the training, they need to perform their work better.
Please contact IPAA NSW on 02 80661900 for further information and costing for this option.
The class size is a minimum of 12 up to a maximum of 18 participants only.
Individual bookings are a per person cost. Group bookings are a per person cost for a group of three or more participants from the same agency.
Course delivery is subject to meeting minimum panel size (12–18). Where a minimum panel is not achieved, registered attendees will be advised no later than one week prior to the course start date.
While no regional course delivery dates are currently offered, attendance at our Brisbane course is available via Virtual Classroom (see above). If you have a group of 10-18 people, we can send a trainer to your location (see In-House Course Delivery below).
In-House Course Delivery
In-house training can also be provided directly to your organisation at a MINIMUM cost of $9,955.00 (incl. GST), plus $66.00 per person for assessment fees. Maximum class size of 18 applies. Prices exclude facilitator travel to your venue of choice, and any venue and catering costs. Contact [email protected] or on (02) 8066 1900 for more information.
Please note: Successful completion of Level 1 online training is a pre-requisite requirement to attend PCP Level 2 in-house training.
The information being collected when registering for this course is for the purpose of managing your learning and development. This organisation may disclose this information to a Queensland government agency or contracted service provider as is necessary for the management, delivery and student outcome reporting of this learning and development course. Your personal details will not be disclosed to any other third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.