Thursday 27 February 2020 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
Cliftons Training Rooms
Level 13, 60 Margaret Street, Sydney
Professional & Associate Members $675
Affiliate Members $775
Non Members $775
This course aims to equip individuals with the skills to resolve conflict effectively, recognising that dealing with conflict competently is a crucial skill for all leaders and managers. The course is interactive, with learners identifying and applying various conflict resolution strategies and gaining the problem-solving tools and techniques to manage workplace disagreement and issues, taking the needs of all stakeholders into consideration in the process. With conflict being an inevitable and natural feature in all workplaces, this course will enable learners to confidently respond to, and manage, problems.
- Apply practical tools and techniques to effectively resolve disagreement issues and problems
- Resolve conflict in the workplace quickly and effectively without impact on business performance
- Generate strategies to address conflict management, positively influencing team capability development and team effectiveness
- Self-manage own state to reduce anger and stress, and increase resilience in times of pressure to maintain professionalism and productivity
- Identify the needs of all stakeholders specific to problems.
NSW Public Sector Framework Capabilities
This course is targeted at Intermediate to Adept level. The following behaviours from the framework are covered:
Relationships: Work collaboratively, Communicate effectively, Influence and negotiate
- Listen to others when they are speaking and ask appropriate, respectful questions.
- Monitor own and others’ non-verbal cues and adapt where necessary.
- Build a supportive and co-operative team environment.
- Work towards positive and mutually satisfactory outcomes.
- Identify others’ concerns and expectations.
- Respond constructively to conflict and disagreements.
- Show sensitivity and understanding in resolving conflicts and differences.
- Pre-empt and minimise conflict.
Results: Think and solve problems
- Participate in and contribute to team/unit initiatives to resolve common issues or barriers to effectiveness.
Phillip Hart helps people achieve practical, robust outcomes with difficult issues, especially when there is uncertainty, dissent, and even hostility. He is an independent facilitator, negotiator and nationally accredited mediator. He has extensive experience over many years, in a wide range of contexts in the government, private, and not-for-profit sectors. He helps individuals and teams clarify the issues which are confronting them, identify and explore a range of options to address these issues, craft appropriate and realistic solutions and develop implementation strategies, and prepare for difficult conversations and negotiations. He is a Nationally Accredited Mediator on the LEADR Panel of Mediators and a Conflict Coach. He is a frequent presenter and participant in professional Alternative Dispute Resolution conferences, seminars and workshops.
All course materials (including the workbooks) will be made available through our digital learning space, Illuminate. Your Illuminate access details will be provided 7 days prior to the course date.
Other courses you may be interested in
Enquiries: For more information on our learning programs, please contact the IPAA NSW Learning Team on 02 8066 1900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.